Belles Artes Museum (Arts Museum): this building was raised originally as the home of doctor Juan Ramón Vidal, head of the provincial government during de periods 1886-1889 and 1909-1913. The building of the coger floor dates from 1860; the upper floor and façade were built by the end of the 19th century.
The organizative écheme of the plant is the classic of the post colonial period. The façade presents a modulation in five vertical panes set in a symmetrical way, defining the axis of the entrante door. Each pane is formally structured with pillars which put and end to their capitel with a cornice; they can also be horizontally divided in socles, balcony and finisching piece. An ornamental detail rarely used in Corrientes city is that of the caryatides which support the balcony. Norwdays it is Provincial Museum of Belles Artes. Permanent expositions of great artist are shown there. For its present use only a few modifications have been performed over the original structure.
There are one exhibit halls for its permanent collections and two for non-permanent collections.
This museum comprises three halls devoted to visual arts:”José Negro”, “Justa Díaz de Vivar” y “Adolfo Mors”.
The museum’s wealth was formed thanks to colletions donated by the heir of great masters and by local collectors. Works by artists from Corrientes are also displayed together with Works that have received awards at the Provincial and Nacional Salons.
The museum’s collection is made up of 500 masterpieces of foreing, nacional and provincial artists.